One month in Australia and New Zealand was not quite enough. But hey, I got to live by my motto. Don’t be sad it’s over, be happy it happened. Besides skydiving, surfing, helicopter tours, jet boating, australian open and eating way too much I had the chance to meet some really cool people.
Here are my top experiences from my trip.
Certain destinations are far away from Sweden. Last year I flew to Hawaii and this time I had a even longer flight to Sydney. You can see flying as getting from point A to B or try to enjoy the actual flight if you have the opportunity. For this trip I decided to try Singapore Airlines Business Class. I didn’t regret a second. I flew both on the 777-300ER and on the Airbus 380-800. I really wished Sydney were more far away. It was that good! 🙂 The service, the food and the crew onboard was excellent.
- Get on a boat, celebrate New Year and watch the fireworks from the Sydney harbour. Spectacular!
- Visit and stay in Newtown area. Amazing food from all over the world, cool people and nice street art. If you are Gelato lover then Cow and The Moon is the place for you. They have been named world’s best Gelato makers.
- If it rains then watch a movie on the world’s biggest IMAX screen
- If you are hungry and you love meat? The Brazilian steakhouse Churrasco in Coogee beach is fantastic! It was my second home.
- For delicious breakfast and healthy Acai bowl go to Coogee Cafe
- Celebrate Australia National Day on the beach or on a hill. Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Some honorable mentions, you probably have heard of the Sydney Opera House, Bondi to Coogee coastal walk, Bondi beach, Bondi Icebergs club, Blue mountains and Sydney Harbour Bridge
So much to say about this place. It is definitely on my top three destinations of all time. It has it all. Authentic food, super friendly people, good weather and plenty of activities for the adrenaline junkie.
- The greatest Fajita of all time – Coyote Grill
- Fergburger – The best burger experience of them all! Yep it is pretty hyped so make sure you are ready to stand in queue. Or you can go during breakfast hours 🙂
- You want some excitement? Just go skydiving with NZONE skydiving and bump my song on the way up 🙂
- You prefer water? Try the Shotover Jet
- You want to relax? Take a dip into the Onsen hot pools
- Still hungry? Visit Caribe Latin Kitchen and try their quesadillas. You can thank me later
- You want some big big tasty pizza then go to Fat Badgers Pizza
- For an amazing view and Super Mario Cart experience then try Luge
- Last but not least, every time you walk home at night just look up. You might witness the most beautiful night sky of your life
- Harley House was my second home in Melbourne. It was the first time I tried Peruvian food but definitely not the last. And the service was excellent!
- My fav bars and clubs.
- If you visit Melbourne try to visit during Australian Open in tennis and try to watch a live game. The atmosphere is awesome!
- Great Ocean Road
The surfing capital. The home of Bell’s Beach, Rip Curl and Billabong
- Surf, eat, surf, eat, sleep, repeat
- For the best surf experience go with Great Ocean Surf Tours. The whole crew is super professional and friendly
- I’m usually not a big fish fan but Fishos have changed that. When I wasn’t on the beach surfing I was at Fishos eating 🙂 The simple life
This is only a fraction of things you can do in all those cities. But you have to start somewhere.
You can check out some of my photos from the road here.